Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones
Published 8 November 2012 Hodder

What a delightful cover image of Quebec's Winter Carnival!

I chose to read Winter Wonderland as I have LOVED Belinda Jones' books from the day I laughed aloud in a busy park in Stratford-Upon-Avon whilst reading I Love Capri. She never disappoints. 

Krista Carter us a writer for Va-Va-Vacation! travel planning website and has gone to Quebec, Canada for her latest research. We follow Krista as she slides her way through a night in an ice hotel, dog sledding, a snow bath and plenty of Caribou!

Winter Wonderland is a fast, fun and festive chick-lit read. The enchanting descriptions of Quebec and Toronto, the people, the food are so evocative a visit there has been added to my bucketlist. Armchair travelling at its best!

Krista is a likeable character. I found I was really rooting for her and the book takes a few twists and turns before we find who will melt her heart. Gilles, Annique, Jacques and Sebastien are a fab supporting crowd; their own stories adding greatly to the plot, and not forgetting the mysterious Malhomme of course!

So snuggle down with a fresh cream topped maple hot chocolate and enter a Winter Wonderland.

Belinda's next novel The Travelling Tea Shop is due Autumn 2013. Cake, cake and more cake, this time with Krista's friend Laurie in New England. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment