Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore

Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
 
Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
*PROOF COPY*
Published August 1 2013 Atlantic Books
 
 
Before I begin, I feel I must first point out that this review has not been written in Gerritszoon font. I am sorry.
 
I was sent a proof copy of this novel under absolute secrecy. It arrived at work and was, thankfully, labelled Open in Secret! thus avoiding any awkward conversations with colleagues.
 
When I did get to a suitable spot and opened the pages - what a joy! Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore is such a clever novel. Original, multi-faceted, a real gem that mixes tradition with technology in a fascinating way that challenges the way you think about books.
 
I cannot say too much. If you should happen to acquire this book, guard it well. Read it, enjoy it, and although you shall be bursting at the seams to discuss it, carefully speak of it only to trusted parties.
 
Festina Lente
 
*Thank you Atlantic books for the proof. Love the post-its and the FLC logo stamp!*


No comments:

Post a Comment